Small bird (approx 12 cm or 4.5 in) characterized by its striking blue and yellow plumage. Small crest on the head that it only rises from time to time. Cobalt blue head with white neck-collar and cheeks. Blue-green back, yellow breast with small black stripe. Bluish wings. It lacks a wide black tie like the Great Tit and is smaller.
Woodland bird with preference for deciduous trees and mixed forests. It is present in chestnut groves, holm and Portuguese oak woods, meadows, olive groves and parks and gardens.
Species resident in Malaga all year round. It breeds once or twice a year and lays from 7 to 10 eggs. Nest in trees. Insectivorous bird that occasionally also consumes seeds and fleshy fruits. It is a refined acrobat who can often be seen perched head down on branches.
Very frequent bird. It can be watched throughout the Great Path.
The Blue Tit is the most famous of the "birds of the water", able to predict with his song, if asked, if it will rain or not, according to popular tradition. It is a very noisy bird which calls a lot. This bird is called in Spanish "herrerillo" ("little blacksmith") because the call resembles the pounding of a hammer against an anvil. During the breeding season the tits make flashy flights with flutters that make them look like butterflies.
- Altos de Hondonero
- Arroyo de la Ventilla
- Camino de la Fuenfría
- El Alcázar - La Maroma
- El Cerro de Santi Petri
- El Torcal
- Fuente de los 100 Caños
- Fuente del Acebuche
- Genil River banks
- GR 249. Stage 09: Periana - Alfarnatejo (Pulgarín Alto)
- GR 249. Stage 07: Cómpeta - Canillas de Aceituno
- GR 249. Stage 10: Alfarnatejo (Pulgarín Alto) - Alfarnate
- GR 249. Stage 11: Alfarnate - Villanueva del Rosario
- GR 249. Stage 13: Archidona - Villanueva de Tapia
- GR 249. Stage 14: Villanueva de Tapia - Villanueva de Algaidas
- GR 249. Stage 22: Ardales - El Burgo
- GR 249. Stage 25: Estación de Benaoján - Jimera de Líbar
- GR 249. Stage 27: Benalauría - Genalguacil
- GR 249. Stage 28: Genalguacil - Casares
- GR 249. Stage 32: Ojén - Mijas
- GR 249. Stage 33: Mijas - Benalmádena
- Hoz de Marín
- Llanos de Líbar
- Montes de Malaga Natural Park
- Quejigales - Puerto de Los Pilones
- Refugio de Juanar
- Río del Burgo
- Río Guadalmina
- Río Jorox
- Sierra de la Utrera
- Sierra del Padrastro
- Tajos del Fraile, Doña Ana y Gómer
- Valley of Genal River